Wednesday 12 March 2008

Not just yellow but pink, purple and blue as well



As well as the daffodils some pink and blue bulbs are now showing their head.


After the amusing row of gladioli bulbs I had last summer I really have been trying to plant bulbs in clumps as opposed to lines. Doesn't look like I did a very good job with either these crocuses or the hyacinths. The crocus are really pretty though.



The crocuses that had come out before last weekend all took a real hit at the weekend. It was very wet, then very cold and then very windy. I had a really pretty container of crocuses outside the front door. I went away for the weekend and when i came back they had all gone limp and looked like ex-crocuses.


The wind has been really bad over the last two days and I've been fearing for all my new plants. Especially the clematis and the honeysuckle. I went for a little look today and nothing has blown over except the fire. There was one daffodil casualty but I used that as an excuse to pick a small bunch for the house.



The newspaper had a 50 most influential bloggers list in it this weekend - I was so disappointed to not be there - surely there are 10,000 people out there hanging onto my every gardening word.. oh maybe not...



I'm now writing each blog like it is my last. Both the camera and the computer are on their last legs.... We will be updating the camera soon and hopefully I'll get one which is especially good at taking wildlife and nature photos.

No comments: