Sunday 3 February 2008

31st Jan






The crocuses are starting to come out. Lots of shoots of daffs and even the tulips are starting to show.
The christmas roses in the back bed have started to grow more flowers.
I had 5 little christmas roses arrive from Gardener's World offer this week. They seemed too little to put into the ground, especially as I might be planting more in that back bed soon and was worried that I'd squish them or they'd get dug up. So i've put them in little pots for now in the plant house.
I also got some geraniums. They were a cheap offer with the dogwood I ordered that should come later this month. They came as roots and I'm not really sure what to do with them either so I've put them in pots as well. I didn't know if any of the root was meant to be above the surface of the soil. I'm not even sure what they will look like when they grow.
Then later in the week some 3 miss lucy lilly bulbs arrived. I'm not sure about planting these in the ground or in a container so I haven't done anything with them yet either. I might be getting someone to create my new flower beds this month so I don't want to plant anything else until that is done.


No comments: