Sunday 3 February 2008

a hiding hellebore




I cleared up the rest of the grasses as I noticed some bulbs were trying to get through this week. I also finished tidyimng up the beds by the house. I'd kept the hydrangas as i thought the flower heads looked nice through the winter. I noticed the new shoots were staring to come out this week so cut them all down (although once I'd done that i read a label on one that said you don't need to do that each year).


I found this lovely little hellebore that had been hiden by the hydranga bushes. Its' so pretty. Unfortunetly i can't see it from the lounge window as its still hidden by the lavender.


Our grass is still very waterlogged. Mr L put sand down some holes to try and improve the drainage. It may have helped a bit - but i think we've still got a bit of a problem at the end of the garden near the house.


No comments: