Sunday 27 April 2008

Strawberries and lettuce

Spent the afternoon giving the lawn some looking after today. Racked to scarify it then used an aerator to make some holes. Then covered in lawn feed and seed with a bit of lawn compost over the top. I've just watched a video on gardeners world and I more or less got it right. Hopefully it will grow nicely now.

I've a problem with the lawn mower. It doesn't seem to be cutting. I tried to lower the blade but can't work out how to do it. I don't like the mower anymore any way. It blows bits of grass clippings everywhere - including all over the flower bed. So I guess I'd like a proper one.

I also planted some strawberries in a planter. I'm worried is a bit small but the man in the garden centre said it woudl be fine. And I planted some lettuces in the movable planters.

I bought 2 more plants for by the patio in the fern bed. A Euphorbia Efanthia and a Fatsia Japonica.

I was tempted to buy lots of things for the other new bed along the other side of the garden but i think I better plan it first rather than just buy random things. I did buy one hosta - a golden tiara.

The Clementis Montana has now started flowering. I really must not prune it for a few years. It is so little to how it looked three years ago. I looked back through some old photos today. A lot of the shrubs as well as the clementis were much bigger in 2005 than they are now.

I repotted the 3 box plants as well. I had been keeping them all in one planter together on the front step but now I'd like to have three going up the steps.

No comments: