Monday 21 April 2008

Very tired


Well I planted all those plants today (almost - still 5 pinks to go in). The clay soil is pretty heavy and sticky so i was mixing it with manure for every hole. It took about 7 hours so I'm pretty tired and am going to really ache tomorrow.
I also repotted my tomato plants and put them in the plant house. The sweet peas and salad leaves I'd been growing by the window in the spare room hadn't really worked. P said they need more light. So today threw a lot away that were no good and everything else has gone in the plant house. The tomatoes which were a bit leggy just got planted in long pots and the soil a bit further up the stem. I'll do more salad leaves next weekend.

I'd hoped to mow the lawn today but was too tired. I put some feed on at the end of the day. Hopefully I'll get to mow it in the next week. It does need some serious tlc as it looks a bit wrecked at the mo. It does need some more seed at some point. The seed i put on before is still just sitting on the top - so much for the growth it promised within 4 days. I think I need to mix some more with compost and rake it in. I'll do that after its had a mow.

So here are some photos taken with my phone of the new planting. The hot bed is planted and the cottage garden was waiting to go in. Plus I've just realised now I haven't put the fennel seeds in either. So I will need to find some time this week or next weekend. Wish I could have another day off work. Could quite happily spend it finishing stuff in the garden. The weather was actually quite nice today as well and was quite warm this afternoon. In fact its still 10 degrees now. The thermoeter in the plant house isn't working though. umm. Not that i know what temp the tomoatoes are meant to be kept at anyway.




No comments: