Saturday 19 April 2008

Weeding



Today I weeded lots of little trees out of the beds and some weeds out of the lawn. The grass seed I spread everywhere last weekend hasn't done anything. I think I might need to mix it with some compost and have another go. So I thought it was worth pulling out some of the worst weeds first.


I moved a couple of the shrubs again to make room to plant flowers tomorrow. The birds are getting through the seeds in the bird feeder quicker and quicker. I think the squirrels may have worked out a way to get to it - but I haven't caught them in the act yet. They sit on the post below the feeder so I'm sure they are up to no good.
Its still so cold - it hasn't gone above 10 degrees for ages.


1 comment:

Hannah said...

I love the fact you update your garden blog way more than your actual blog! And wow, you've really done stuff to that back yard of yours. What's the deal with all the snow?!! 6 april? Weird weather... I'll be back in the UK April 25. Or maybe 26, not sure what day I actually arrive. And down in London very shortly after. So looking forward to seeing you!