Sunday 6 May 2007

Bindweed

I have terrible bind weed in one of my flower beds. At least that is what i assume it is. it wraps round all the plants and grows super quickly. I don't know if is doing damage to the plants but i guess it is taking their precious water if nothing else.

I've not been into gardening long but bought Gardeners World magazine. It had an article on weeds and indeed the dreaded bind weed was listed as the weed most gardeners found problematic. There wasn't a picture of it but I assume that is what I have. So how does it say to get rid of it?

"Well, aside from moving house, the only way to stamp it out is to clear everything else from the patch of ground, then treat the patch with glyphosate over a couple of years."

So that is why the previous owner moved then??

So I guess I'll have to just keep pulling the shoots out every week then.

No comments: