Sunday 6 May 2007

How has the garden changed?

Well, I looked back to find photos of the garden last spring. I have a few at the end of April:

























And also some from May. These were taken on the 12th - so a week later than today. the clematis was in much better shape last year. It hasn't had nearly that number of flowers this year. I did try and prune it last year after flowering (as the book said). I cut through one of the main trunks so that might be one reason there are not as many flowers. However, even despite that - the flowers this year have not been nearly so dense.
























This last picture confirms my suspicion that i definitely over "weeded" the back bed. There appear to be a few more flowers in it. Although i can't remember what they turn into in the summer. The bushes also look totally different this year.


No comments: